Thursday, November 11, 2010

HOBY Spotlight - Metta Semrad

Metta Semrad
Metta Semrad
Senior at Utah Valley University
Will graduate in 2011 and graduated high school in 2007
I went to HOBY in 2005

My school just sent me to HOBY I had never heard of it.
HOBY has done so much and continues to.  Each year I attend HOBY I learn new and more effective ways of leading. My first year at HOBY I was a fairly sheltered child and it helped me learn to accept everyone and not be afraid to stand up for myself and others. The HOBY experience is a once and a lifetime one. You will never have so many successful leaders and business minds in one room again with their attention completely devoted to you! 

I currently am in my senior year at UVU where I am studying community health with an emphasis in physical fitness, and I minored in Spanish. I have been married for just over a year to my Husband Clair and love it. I am a store manager for Justice, a children’s clothing store. MY favorite activities include dancing.   It is my passion and my love (besides my husband of course) I teach ballet at the Timpanogos School of dance and I love to run! I also LOVE television. I cannot live without biggest loser, project runway and my guilty pleasure of Grey’s Anatomy.

From HOBY my friends are the ones that have stuck with me the longest! They are some of my best friends and I LOOOOVE THEM! 

Advice to new people in the program.. Enjoy it. Open your minds and let the love in because it only lasts for 3 days! Like I said earlier, you will never have the opportunity again to have so many business minds in one room. Ask them EVERYTHING you want to know! Do not be afraid to learn about other religions, and most of all be OUTSTANDING!

No comments:

Post a Comment